By All-In-Ones (AIOs), the absorbent pad is attached to the diaper. This makes washing and preparing the diapers much easier. By our Pop-In nappies, the soaker pads are attached with snaps. By the TotsBots Easyfit and Blueberry Simplex, however, the insert is sewn on one side and folds out for washing. Other AIOs, like the BumGenius Elemental, have the soaker pad sewn in on both sides.
The obvious advantage of All-In-Ones (all in one) is that you don't have to pick up the individual parts of the nappy after washing, and they are the easiest system for inexperienced Stoffy users - so ideal for the babysitter or grandma and grandpa. They are usually also the slimmer diapers, optimal for active days. Because of these advantages and the more elaborate designs, AIOs are generally a bit more expensive than other models.
If diapering with AIOs throughout, we recommend a total of 20-25 diapers. In combination with overnight diapers (for example, the TotsBots Bamboozle + cover), we recommend 16-20 AIOs, 4-6 fitted nappies (overnight diapers) plus 2-3 PUL covers for the night.
Since all All-In-Ones are similar in construction and use, we present two models here as examples:
Smart Bottoms Dream nappy 2.0
1. the Smart Bottoms Dream nappy 2.0 has a long absorbent pad made of hemp and organic cotton that can be connected with a snap.
2. A special feature of the Dream nappy 2.0 is that the Dream nappy has an opening (pocket), in which additional inserts can be placed. If you want to increase the absorbency of the diaper, the Avo&Cado inserts and the Thirsties hand inserts fit well in the pocket.
3. put the nappy fleece/nappy liner on the nappy (to catch the big business). The four rows of snaps on the front allow you to adjust the nappy to fit your baby perfectly.
Thirsties Natural AIO (Hook & Loop)
1. The inside of the nappy Thirsties Natural AIO consists of three layers of GOTS certified organic cotton and two firmly sewn absorbent pads made of an absorbent hemp-cotton mix.
2. The form of the Thirsties Natural AIO is similar to the Smart Bottoms Dream Diaper, but the waist height of the Natural AIO is slightly shorter. The absorbent pads are open on one side, so that the material is better cleaned during washing and dries faster afterwards. This diaper, unlike the Dream Diaper, does not have an additional pocket feature. For even more absorbency, we recommend adding an extra Thirsties hemp insert (small) or a bamboo insert (size 2) simply under the soaker pads.
3. place the nappy fleece on top of the nappy (to catch the big business). The three rows of snaps on the front allow you to adjust the nappy to fit your baby perfectly.
Click on each system to read more: